Breakfast Egg Muffins
Tender, fluffy biscuit style muffins filled with soft-cooked eggs for a unique and satisfying breakfast.
Write a review
- 12 medium eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 110 gm cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 250 mL buttermilk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- STEP 1 Place eggs in single layer in saucepan. Cover with 2.5 cm of cold water.
- Set the pan over high heat and bring the water to rolling boil.
- Place tight fitting lid on pan and remove from heat. Let stand for 6 minutes.
- Drain water and place eggs under cold running water for 1 minute or until cool enough to handle. Peel and set eggs aside.
- STEP 2 Preheat oven to 180°C. Stir flour with sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add butter and rub into flour mixture, using fingertips, until mealy. Stir in the buttermilk and chives until well combined.
- STEP 3 Line muffin tin with large paper liners. Working with wet hands, roll 3 tbsp dough around each hard-cooked egg and place in paper liners. Top with cheese.
- STEP 4 Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until tops are golden and spring back when lightly touched. Cool slightly before serving.
- Courtesy of: Manitoba Egg Farmers www.eggs.mb.ca
I Love Eggs http://www.eggs.org.nz/