Classic Spaghetti Carbonara
A delicious classic pasta recipe, that is economical and great tasting. Everybody loves creamy carbonara! Serves 4 for just $12! Dinner Cracked.
Write a review
- 300g spaghetti
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup cream
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of rapidly boiling salted water until just tender to the bite – al dente.
- At the same time pan fry the bacon until cooked and almost crisp. Cool slightly and then chop into small pieces.
- Lightly whisk the eggs, yolks and cream together in bowl. Stir through the parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and turn off the heat. Pour in the egg mixture and bacon. Gently stir for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately with extra parmesan cheese - and a crisp green salad.
I Love Eggs http://www.eggs.org.nz/