No Fuss Egg & Bacon Stuffed Potatoes
Baked spuds are so easy and always great value. Here's a simply delicious recipe that makes a great lighter meal or serve with grilled meats. Serves 4 for only $8!
Write a review
- 4 large floury potatoes
- 25g butter
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup grated tasty Cheddar cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Prick the potatoes several times with a small sharp knife. Place on a baking tray and cook for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Allow to cool slightly and then carefully cut off the top third of the potato. Using a spoon hollow out the potato leaving about .5cm of flesh around the skin.
- Dot a little butter into base of each potato and then divide half the bacon between each. Gently break an egg into each potato, taking care to keep the yolk intact. Sprinkle with grated cheese and remaining bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the egg whites are set.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.
I Love Eggs http://www.eggs.org.nz/