An easy, foolproof batter recipe to make perfect pancakes.
Write a review
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- pinch salt
- Butter or vegetable oil for frying
- Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre with the back of a spoon then break in the eggs and pour in half the milk. Whisk together, gradually incorporating the flour to make a smooth thick batter. Beat thoroughly to remove any lumps, then stir in the rest of the milk.
- Heat a little oil or butter in a medium frying pan. Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan, tilting the pan as you pour, until the batter thinly coats the base. Cook over a moderate heat for 30 seconds to one minute until golden brown on the underside. Then flip and cook for another 30 - 60 secs.
- Flipping pancakes: Hold the pan handle and ease a fish slice under the pancake, then quickly lift and flip it over. Make sure the pancake is lying flat against base of the pan with no creases or folds. Cook until golden.
- Serve with a drizzle of honey, maple syrup or golden syrup, or a sliced banana, or fresh berries.
- You can freeze pancakes up to 1 month wrapped in cling film. Reheat in a microwave on medium for 30 seconds.
I Love Eggs http://www.eggs.org.nz/