Super Summer Quiche
Full of goodness this quiche is perfect for dinner and serves 5-6 for only $14. Dinner Cracked!
Write a review
- 3 (450g) pre-rolled short crust pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 medium-size courgettes, grated
- 1 large handful baby spinach leaves
- 5 eggs
- 300ml cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g feta (or goats’ cheese), crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 24cm, quiche dish.
- Line the dish with pastry, trimming the edges to fit.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes and then bake blind for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- While the pastry is cooling heat a film of oil in a frying pan and gently cook the onion, garlic and courgette until tender. Add the spinach to the pan and cook just until wilted.
- Press the vegetables to extract excess liquid and drain this from the pan. Spoon the vegetables evenly over the pastry base.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables, stirring a little to combine and then sprinkle with the feta and parmesan cheese along with the parsley and dill.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until just set in the centre. Allow to sit for 15 minutes before topping with basil leaves and cherry tomatoes and then serving.
I Love Eggs http://www.eggs.org.nz/