Tomato Crostini with Fried Egg
This is a good way of getting carbohydrate, protein, fibre and vitamins all in one serving - and it looks and tastes great too!.
Write a review
- 2 thick slices Ciabatta bread
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil plus a little extra for brushing
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 fresh cherry tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg size 7
- Fresh basil leaves
- Pre-heat the grill to high. Put the bread on a baking sheet, grill for 1 minute on one side only or until lightly toasted. Turn the bread, brush the untoasted side with the olive oil and rub in the garlic.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and arrange on the toasted bread, season and place under the grill for 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and scatter over the basil leaves.
- Brush a non-stick frying pan with a little olive oil. Heat the pan over a medium heat. Break the egg into the pan, cover and cook until the white is completely set and the yolk is beginning to thicken around the edges to your liking, about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Place egg on top of the tomato crostini. Serve immediately.
- You can 'lightly' pre-toast the bread in a toaster if you prefer.
I Love Eggs http://www.eggs.org.nz/